These rules form part of Circl's Terms & Conditions and all definitions used are as set out in that document. Circl Gaming Ltd makes every effort to ensure that our rules are fair and transparent; if you feel that this is not the case for any reason, please contact us at email@example.com and we will investigate.
Introduction to Circl
Circl is a "pass the hat" game where the prizepot moves around a virtual table from one seat or player to the next seat or player when a selected trigger-event (a.k.a. Circl Game Rule) occurs in a real-life sporting event (e.g. a freekick is taken) and continues to move on every subsequent Circl Game Rule until the final whistle or a final defined Circl Game Rule occurs.
Each Circl Game Rule is matched to a pre-defined action which alters the way the prizepot moves around the table (e.g. Yellow card shown: -2, means the prizepot moves two places anti-clockwise; or Corner: +1, means the prizepot moves one place clockwise).
Once the match or game-period is over, the winner is decided by whichever seat or player is in possession of the Circl prizepot at that point in time. The games are designed to ensure the winner cannot be accurately forecasted by a prediction algorithm.
Circl game types
Players can enter all types of Jackpot, Public and Private Circls.
Jackpot Circls (including Five Match Millions) require a user to predict which will be the winning seat (with each seat given a unique number) for a specified number of matches.
Jackpot Circl Game Rules are preset by Circl Game administrators and cannot be altered.
Public Circls have a minimum and maximum number of participants which are published in the app.
Public Circl Game Rules are preset by Circl Game administrators and cannot be altered.
Public and Private Circls can be either of the following game types:-
- The Shifter - the prizepot moves when any of the chosen Circl Game Rules occur
- The Goal Gifter - the prizepot moves when any of the chosen Circl Game Rules occur, but 20% of the total prizepot amount is paid out when a goal is scored.
Five Match Millions Rules
A Five Match Millions game is run on five specified fixtures; these will be published in the app.
To enter Five Match Millions a player must choose 5 seat numbers (from 1 to 27), one for each of the 5 fixtures. You can select the same number more than once; in fact you can select the same number for all 5 matches.
If your chosen seat number is the same as the winning seat number at the end of the game (final whistle) then you have a winning match. The winning seat is determined by the total number of moves made around the virtual table; each individual move corresponds to a real life event in the football match. Each match starts with seat number 1 highlighted.
Match one, two, three or four numbers and win a share of the published prizes. The more you match, the bigger the prize.
If you manage to match all five numbers - you win a million quid! If more than one player matches all five numbers then the prize is shared.
Goal = Each time a goal is scored, move 4 seats clockwise.
Corner = Each time there is a corner, move 1 seat clockwise.
Free kick = Each time a free kick is taken, move 2 seats clockwise.
Throw-in = Each time a throw-in is taken, move 2 places clockwise.
Goal kick = Each time a goal kick is taken, move 3 seats clockwise.
Yellow Card = Each time a yellow card is given, move 2 seats anti-clockwise.
Red Card = Each time a red card is given, move 6 seats anti-clockwise.
Substitution = Each time a player is substituted, move 1 seat anti-clockwise.
If any Game Rule is subsequently changed - i.e. Goal ruled out via VAR then the associated movement will be reversed.
Private Circl Rules
Setting up a private Circl
A player creates a Circl by first selecting a real-life football match, choosing the game type and then Circl Game Rules – by selecting one or more pre-determined trigger-events – setting the buy-in amount (stake) which contributes to the prizepot, and finally inviting other players to join.
The game will be ready to start once the minimum number of players have accepted the invitation to join and have paid their buy-in fee. Each player is given a fixed position on a virtual table which is displayed as a circle.
When a player is choosing to set up their Circl, they will be required to select at least two Circl game rules, one which moves the prizepot an odd number of places and one which moves the prizepot an even number of places. In a Goal Gifter game the selection of the "goal" rule is mandatory and players will be required to select at least two further Circl Game Rules.
In a Goal Gifter Circl the remaining prizepot is displayed at all times. If there are 5 goals scored in a Goal Gifter Circl, the Circl will end at the time of the 5th goal which is deemed the final defined Circl Game Rule.
At match kick-off the starting position of the prizepot is randomly determined among the Players in the Circl.
Inviting players and starting the Circl
When a player has setup a private Circl (the "Host") they can send invitation links via Social Media or invite directly via the app for other players to join the Circl. Each Circl must have a minimum of TWO players.
A Circl can be setup prior to a match starting or during a match.
If a Circl is setup after the selected match has started then the Host can, providing at least one other player has joined, choose when to start the Circl.
A Circl must run for a minimum of 45 minutes of elapsed time.
Joining a private Circl
When a player receives an invitation they can either accept an invitation in-app, or via a social invitation link.
The player will then be presented with a Circl summary, showing the Circl Host, the match selected, the Circl Game Rules selected and the buy in amount. The Player can then choose to either accept or decline this invitation.
To accept an invitation the Player will then be required to pay the buy in fee, and as soon as they have done this, will be redirected into the game, ready to play.
In order to accept the invite and play, a Player must have a Circl account.
Available Private Circl Game Rules:
Corner = Each time there is a corner, the prizepot will move 1 place clockwise.
Offside = Each time a player is called offside, the prizepot will move 2 places clockwise.
Goal = Each time a goal is scored, the prizepot will move 4 places clockwise.
Red Card = Each time a red card is given, the prizepot will move 6 places anti-clockwise.
Yellow Card = Each time a yellow card is given, the prizepot will move 2 places anti-clockwise.
Substitute = Each time a player is substituted, the prizepot will move 1 place anti-clockwise.
VAR = Each time VAR is consulted; the prizepot will move 3 places clockwise.
Shot on Target = Each time a player has a shot on target, the prizepot will move 1 place clockwise.
Free kick = Each time a free kick is taken, the prizepot will move 2 places clockwise.
Header = Each time a header is recorded, the prizepot will move 1 place clockwise.
Throw-in = Each time a throw-in is taken, the prizepot will move 2 places clockwise.
Goal kick = Each time a goal kick is taken, the prizepot will move 3 places clockwise.
If any Game Rule is subsequently changed - i.e. Goal ruled out via VAR then the associated prizepot movement will be reversed.
- To enter a Circl a player must have sufficient funds in their Circl Account to pay the buy-in fee (stake).
- A Jackpot entry is formed of a series of number predictions for a determined number of fixtures. Each prediction is assigned to a specific fixture (for Five Match Millions this is 1 to 5). The real-live fixtures for each round of the Jackpot game are published in advance but are liable to change due to postponements or rearrangements for TV coverage. Notifications of any fixture changes are published in the app. All predictions are retained and applied to the finalised series of fixtures each week.
- A bet is not valid until it is validated and shows in the player's bet history. In cases of uncertainty about the validity of a bet, the player is requested to check the open (pending) bets or contact Support (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Unless accepted in error, once accepted, a bet will remain valid and cannot be cancelled. It is the responsibility of the player to ensure details of the bets placed are correct.
- Should a dispute arise about the acceptance (or lack thereof) of any transaction in the player's account, the transaction log database will be the ultimate authority in deciding such matters.
Results and bet settlements
- Circl Gaming Ltd relies on live data provided by Stats Perform, a third party data provider, as the source of our statistics & results; in the event of a dispute, the live 'in-running' data provided by Stats Perform and displayed in the Circl game log will be the deciding factors.
- Live data may occasionally be corrected by Stats Perform during the course of a match and any reclassifications will be reflected in the Circl game log.
- All bets are settled on the official result published by Stats Perform immediately after the match or event has finished. This may be referred to as the 'final whistle', the 'weighed in' signal, the 'podium presentation' or any similar terminology.
- Our aim is to settle all bets in a Circl within 10 minutes of the final whistle, if the end date is between the hours of 8am and 11pm. If a match ends outside these times settlement will sometimes be delayed until 8am the next day.
- If settlement of a Circl is delayed for any other reason, we will try to ensure an announcement is made via in-app notification and email as soon as possible.
- If any of the results or statistics used to settle a Circl are changed AFTER settlement for any reason other than an error by us, such as data errors, disqualifications, replays or the suspicion of criminal or fraudulent activity, the results of the Circl will stand.
- Decisions after the match, taken by governing bodies, will also not count for Circl settlement purposes. Results will be taken after full time, including any injury time added by the referee. Extra time and penalty shootouts will be excluded, unless stated otherwise.
Prize payouts & fees
- Each Circl is a pool betting game. The prizepot is formed of the sum of all the buy-in fees (stakes) to the Circl. All payouts from the prizepot are subject to a deduction of an administration fee.
- Each standard Public and Private Circl will generate a unique winner; the player who is in possession of the prizepot at the end of the game.
- Each Goal Gifter Circl will generate a series of winners; whilst there is a prizepot to play for, any player who is in possession of the prizepot at the time of the scoring of a goal will receive a payout of 20% of the prizepot. If 4 or fewer goals are scored in the game then the player who is in possession of the prizepot at the end of the game will receive a payout of the whole remaining prizepot.
- Once the result of a match has been determined then all bets are settled. The winning players' prize/s will be automatically credited to their account/s.
- If a Goal is subsequently ruled out through VAR then any payout for Goal Gifter will be cancelled and returned to the prizepot.
- The minimum number of players in a private Circl is 2.
- The maximum number of players in a private Circl is 10.
- The minimum buy-in per player is £2
- The maximum buy-in per player is £100
- The maximum payout for a Private Circl after administration fee deductions is £900
Postponements, Abandonments & match information
- The selected fixtures for each round of Jackpot Circls (including Five Match Millions) are published in advance. If after publishing any Jackpot Circl a selected fixture is postponed or changed from its original kickoff time then Circl Gaming Ltd reserve the right to replace the match and retain the original prediction.
- If a selected fixture is postponed or rearranged then Circl Gaming Ltd will replace with another fixture from the same league starting at the same time or the next available qualifying fixture. Fixtures involving mathematically relegated teams will not be classified as qualifying fixtures for the purpose of Jackpot Circls.
- If a match is abandoned, any Circl's where the outcome has already been settled will stand. All other bets will be made void regardless of the score-line or the position of the prizepot at the time of abandonment. Abandoned games will be deemed to be games which do not reach their natural conclusion on the calendar date.
- Games where a referee removes the players from the field of play for a temporary period, but resumes the remaining minutes of play on the same calendar date will not be deemed as abandoned.
- Any unplayed or postponed matches will be treated as a non-runner for settling purposes, unless we can establish within a reasonable time frame - using publicly available information from governing bodies - that the game has been rescheduled within three days of the original start time in which case the bets will stand.
- Circls based on Football (soccer) assumes matches are conducted in a standard fashion, with 90 minutes of play across two 45-minute halves. The exception to this rule is in relation to friendly matches, where all Circls will be settled based on the actual result when the game finishes, irrespective of whether the full 90 minutes is played. We reserve the right to void bets on an event should we find it was not conducted using said 'standard' format.
- Please be aware that the live 'in-running' data supplied by Stats Perform is subject to delays in transmission and display. The extent of any delay may vary, depending on device and connection performance.
- Circl Gaming Ltd assume no liability in the event of any 'in-running' data or event information being incorrect. This includes all data feeds provided by Stats Perform which are displayed in the Circl game logs.
Voids and errors
- If a Circl is cancelled or voided, stakes will be refunded in full (no administration fee will be charged). Circl will announce to players the reason(s) for cancelling or voiding as soon as is possible.
- Examples of errors include, but are not limited to:
- bets accepted during technical problems that would otherwise not have been accepted
- bets placed on events/offers that have already been decided
- the inability for the Data provider to perform their service to the agreed standard
- incorrect settlement of a bet or bets
- In the event that an error is discovered after a bet has been settled, we reserve the right to void the bet(s) retrospectively.
- In the case of incorrect settlements we reserve the right to correct any error made and re-settle the bet correctly. Any funds and/or winnings which are credited to Player accounts, or paid as a result of an error, are not to be deemed available for use or withdrawal and we reserve the right to void any transactions where such funds were used. Such funds shall be immediately repaid to us when a demand for payment is made by us to you.
- Whenever possible if you have monies in your account we may reclaim these monies from your account and/or reverse the transaction, either at the time or retrospectively.
- Where you have used monies or anything with monetary value (e.g. Free Bets) which have been credited to your account or awarded to you, as a result of an error, to place subsequent bets or play games, we reserve the right to cancel such bets and/or withhold any winnings which you may have won with such monies. And if we have paid out on any such bets or gaming activities, such funds are not to be deemed available for use or withdrawal, and such funds shall be immediately repaid to us when a demand for payment is made by us to you.
- Circl Gaming Ltd will work with all official sporting bodies and authorities and the Gambling Commission to ensure that all events are fair and to uphold the utmost integrity in sport. A decision given by the relevant governing body of any sport will be considered conclusive evidence. In the event of any suspicion of match-fixing or results-rigging of any kind on any Circl, we reserve the right to provide relevant data to any official sporting body or authorities and/or the Gambling Commission.
- Where there is evidence of any form of collusion, we reserve the right to withhold payment, pending the outcome of any subsequent investigation and ultimately to declare bets on that event as void.
- Where evidence of collusion exists, or where there is evidence of a series of bets having been placed by or for the same individual or by a syndicate of individuals, we reserve the right to require claims for payment to be submitted in writing to Support.
- In the event of an official enquiry in relation to suspicious betting activity surrounding an event we reserve the right to disclose confidential information to the sport's governing body or their representatives, on the conditions that they consent to keeping such information confidential.